So, the Tunisian crochet blanket is my main project. Well, let me rephrase that: it should be. I want it to be finished sometime, and I’d prefer it if that finishline would be somewhere close to the finish of the CAL’s last post. Like I said earlier, I’m not really sure if I will. Here’s a few problems:
- I am tremendously bored. Like, totally. Ok. I like the Tunisian crochet technique. I like learning different stitches. But it is a repetitive thing.
- It looks like shit. I don’t see that improving anytime soon, too. There are plenty of mistakes and going back, over and over again to fix mistakes, I refuse to do it. That way it will never be finished.
- Some of the stitches are hard. And crocheting 10cm on the blanket in a certain stitch that takes forever, that’s not cool.
- I’ve been on a holiday, and I haven’t done shit for four weeks now. It hasn’t really helped overcoming problems 1, 2 and 3.
- I already have a side project: I’m using one of the learnt stitches to make a bath mat. For my new home. Just one stitch, until it’s done. Well, until I run out of yarn. Because I didn’t buy enough yarn, and supposedly, buying more balls with a different dye-number (even though it’s the same colour), is a bad idea. Well, I’ll think about it anyway.
- While on holiday I bought a fabulous alpaca lace yarn (I think, I haven’t checked to see what it was). In a beautiful green colour. And I want to make something with that!
So what have I done? I have done a lot on the bath mat. It will not nearly be big enough, so I definitely have to buy more yarn. Despite differences in batch numbers. I have been searching the internet for a good lace-type knit pattern. And I’ve found it!
This beautiful Peacock Feathers Shawl. That’s what I want to make, what I want to do next (or maybe instead of the Tunisian Crochet blanket). There’s only one tiny little problem: the price. As you can see the price on the website that I linked is 12 dollars (Canadian dollars). That seems fair, I think. It’s a bit steep, but it’s 8 euros, I’m willing to pay that. But as you can also see, ordering the pattern is being referred to another website. Long story short: it’s hard to obtain the pattern, and it will cost me something like 15 USD. Which is 14 euros. And I’d have to have a US adress to ship the actual pattern to. It has something to do with taxes, and other stupid shit that I don’t get. I really don’t. Why can’t I just give you the 12 CDN and download the pdf? Because of some bureaucratic blahblahblah. So for now, a girl can dream….
PS: Yes, I am fed up with more things than one, and generally grumpy. I’d like longer holidays…